Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road.
- Walt Whitman, "Song of the Open Road"

Where Am I Today?

Teaching at the old Alma Mater.

Saturday, March 3, 2007

New Hair...before and after

Before Damien

After Damien


Yesterday I walked into "True Grit" on Manchester and told Damien I wanted something different. After a consultation and some glances through the style books, I sat back and let a professional work his magic. The way I see it, it's just hair and a new look is kind of in-line with the changes going on around me these days. I've slept on it and re-styled successfully, so I'm officially a happy espresso brunette!


L.

8 comments:

Sabrina said...

I love it! You're so brave! To tell you the truth, I'm waiting till August to get my hair done - because Francesco is the only guy who can do it right. I admire your spontaneity! (sp?)

Love the posts...glad to see there were some new things to read and learn! (Oh...and I also particularly enjoy your vast assortment of scarves. Very nice.)

-Sabrina

blog-ng said...

Um...wow?

Anonymous said...

Wowie! Nice look! I still get mad when I hear that you dye your hair; it's always been so nice on it's own!! But I think I only say that because I'm too scared to get anything done to my 'fro. One day. One day...
-Ren
PS: Loving the updates. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

The hair looks good Lariss, welcome to the dark side. I am still very much enjoying your adventures via the blog. Keep 'em coming!
Cheers,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Hello my long ago student,

I have just spent 2 hours reading your blogs - from the moment you left our airport, to your Grandmother's house, to your adventures in the south Pacific. I couldn't wait to tell you how powerfully effective your writing is. ( I'll set up a blog account as soon as I finish here!) You moved me to tears on several occasions.

Larissa you have truly become an exceptional young lady and one of best young writers I have encountered. I recognized you instantly -before Damian that is. Your photographs are exquisite. Larissa, your parents must be so incredibly proud of you. I plan on rereading your blogs (this time in chronological order as I read them backwards the first time).

You are a gift to the teaching profession. Your students at Avonside are blessed to have you.

I will be in touch.

Love from Calgary,

Susan Summers
(Larissa's grade 4 teacher)

Anonymous said...

WOw! Love the hairdo Rissa

Anonymous said...

Hey Rissa!!! Just caught up on all your adventures.You are truly an incredible person.Have fun,be safe,looking forward to your return.
Love,Uncle Jim

Auntie Sue said...

Hey Riss,

I, like everyone else, am enjoying your blog entries. You make me feel like I'm right there with you.

Well, you just look way too sexy with your new haircut. We aunts don't like to see our nieces looking tooooo good.

Keep up the blogs. It's great to see that you are taking such good advantage of your trip.

Take care,
Love, Auntie Sue