Afoot and light-hearted, I take to the open road,
Healthy, free, the world before me,
The long brown path before me, leading wherever I choose.
Henceforth I ask not good-fortune—I myself am good fortune;
Henceforth I whimper no more, postpone no more, need nothing,
Strong and content, I travel the open road.
- Walt Whitman, "Song of the Open Road"

Where Am I Today?

Teaching at the old Alma Mater.

Monday, June 11, 2007

Sumner Sunrise



In my last few days I'm taking some time to really absorb my surroundings. With the natural chaos of a teaching life, plus hosting my mom and trying to do some sightseeing, along with saying proper "goodbyes" to everyone, I've been up to my eyeballs with a "to do" list that mutates faster than the Bubonic plague. I got up early this morning to get to school before the rush and was taken aback by the beautiful sunrise over Sumner Beach. There were heaps of people out, but the sound of the morning waves prevailed over the "ooohs" and "awwws" of this stunning sunrise.

How lucky am I to have spent my last two months 20 feet from this? Can't wait to come back...

L.

No comments: