(I KNOW my mom is going to hate this picture, especially because of the cheesy apron she's wearing to save her clothes from Christmas dinner, but I don't have any other photos of the two of us on my computer. I'll have heaps after May 22...)
It’s confirmed: my mom is coming to visit New Zealand! After much persuasion and persistent coaxing she finally booked a ticket. She arrives May 22, and departs the day after I depart for Malaysia (June 13). Plenty of time to meet some Kiwi's, sit in on some classes, and sample some Pavlova.
I'm looking forward to the "girls time" that we'll get to share, but also really excited for my mom to have a holiday. She's a true mom -- always doing things for others and putting herself last. More than anything I want her to have a break, relax, and treat herself to a few flat whites!
I think I am most excited for the opportunity to share some of my favourite places -- Avonside, Cathedral Square (and a Yellow Rockets bagel!), Sumner beach -- so that I'll always have someone close by to say, "remember when..."
Oh, and it'll be great to have mom cart home my enormous suitcase...
Until the next update,
L.














1 comment:
Great to hear Jeannie....will be interested to read all about your fun with Larissa. So close to Oz but maybe another time?!
Post a Comment